CAlm: mindfulness for tweens
This course is aimed at young people in 5th/6th class and 1st/2nd year. It offers an introduction to the practice of mindfulness with special attention to appropriate resourcing: taking care of anxiety and nurturing calm in themselves.
The course is held in a safe, friendly environment with lots of kindness and a good dose of humour.
INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS
- What is mindfulness?
- What is the effect of mindfulness on our brain?
- guided meditation
- deep relaxation
- taking care of anxiety, fear, anger
- nurturing calm, joy, gratitude
- The course comes with mindfulness resources – including downloadable mp3s of guided meditations and deep relaxation.
- Students are encouraged to map their practice and experience as the course progresses
TIME: 60 minute session x 6 weeks
NUMBERS: The course is limited to 12 participants.